Scraping Forum Data

Even though this sounds cool and super helpful, I don’t think this should be able to be used in every thread. I can see this as a way for spammers to create a lot of junk very quickly. Maybe if you coded it to give the statistics only when PM’d by a user, we could eliminate the threat of spam from this bot.

im number 169, perfect number tbh

its called throwaway advertising accounts that usually get banned minutes after the first post

1 Like

I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist

10 Likes

I am just now noticing that if you append .json to pretty much any URL here you get everything in a parse-able format. This is nice.

1 Like

Very interesting. Usually all I get is a “Page deleted or private” message.

You put the .json in the wrong place.

1 Like

According to an old Chinese saying:

Bad luck will follow those who do not use neural network with a non-linear activation function.

16 Likes

那些不使用带有非线性激活函数的神经网络的人会遇到厄运。

Just what my favorite tattoo says!

14 Likes

Free :heart: to the first person to figure out exactly what each of these numbers is.

And who’s they are.

One in several thousand chance, but one of them is foster, and second guess is Drow.
Number of likes given? # of hours spent on the forum?

Would that be your profile with:

(:heart: Given, :heart: Received, topics viewed, posts read, days visited, topics created, posts created, time read in seconds, solutions)

14 Likes

Correct! You got it!

NOOO

I was to slow!
<20 Chara>

Can someone explain how 2009018 is time read in seconds?

4 Likes

Because it rounds down.

Quick update, I found I can get data a lot easier by requesting json files rather than a whole webpage

!requestuserlookup @TaranMayer

edit: it worked

It will produce one of these for me upon pinging a user. Next step is getting it to reply in the chat with the pic.

(someone else is welcome to try it)

6 Likes

Thats awsome!