Thoughts about the new forum?

Weird. This should still be do-able on Discourse. I’ll look further into it tomorrow.

0 Likes

if you use edge, you are bad.

Opera master race

0 Likes

Is there any way to figure out what to do to get all the ranks and badges and whatnot? Or do you just do random stuff until vex gives you one?

0 Likes

I also can’t edit any of my previous posts, is it suppose to be like that?

0 Likes

Using skills acquired from discobot, What is everyone’s opinion.

• The old forum was better
  • The new forum is better

0 voters

0 Likes

My profile picture is changed… :thinking:

0 Likes

@eggplant
To edit posts, click the pencil icon.

0 Likes

on my posts I made on the old forum there is not a pencil icon

0 Likes

The badges (or at least most of them) are automatic based on completion of various tasks. Most badges will indicate the requirements, but others can be figured out with the help of Google (the badges are universal to Discourse, not specific to the VEX Forum).

0 Likes

You can only edit posts made in the last 24 hours. This has not changed from the old forum; the rule is just more explicitly stated now.

1 Like

oh never noticed that

0 Likes

Finding Badges is just part of the fun. :slight_smile:
More info on trust levels can be found here: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

(Note: These are the default numbers needed to acquire different trust levels)

0 Likes

Posts are only editable for 24 hours after they are posted. This was how the old Forum operated as well.

1 Like

Who changed my profile picture from my true artwork?!?!?!

0 Likes

(Note: These are the default numbers needed to acquire different trust levels)

What are the levels for this forum? I want to get up to ‘regular’ real fast.

0 Likes

I for one am drooling over the progressive web app that’s available for mobile devices :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Well this version has a dark theme… there is really no competition, to be honest… I just wish it was the default.

0 Likes

I would totally love it to be the default.

0 Likes

eh, personally thought that the old forum looked a lot cleaner, but this one seems to be more powerful.

0 Likes

Just look at @DRow 's profile background and this forum is instantly 100x better.

3 Likes