Thoughts about the new forum?

Poor @DRow.

Expand image

Even I have more badges.

1 Like

Liking it so far, but it would be nice if you could actually save changes on mobile:

3 Likes

It looks like signatures are gone, which I think sort of sucks. Otherwise I like it, it seems better than the old software.

2 Likes

I think those are replaced by the user card:

1 Like

Yeah I really miss them…

Jack | 574D

4 Likes

Oops. We’ll get that fixed.

4 Likes

Speaking of things to get fixed…
I sent you (@DRow, or, more specifically, the forum support email address) an email. Because apparently I can’t just PM you.

0 Likes

when you make a new post, you can click the arrow button at the top left to convert the post into a DM (I also had to ask DRow about that lol)

1 Like

No no, I figured that out.

It literally doesn’t let me send the message, because apparently I’ve maxed out my new topics for the day. Thanks Discobot.

2 Likes

Welcome to the new VEX Forum!

Just checking around in settings, and there’s 2 factor authentication, and not SMS or Email 2FA, the good kind through an authenticator app. That’s pretty cool and nice to have, albeit likely a bit unnecessary for the Vex Forum.

2 Likes

This is more than likely due to the new “Trust” system. Which is essentially just an extra layer of protection for spam. This will sort itself out in the coming days as you visit / post on the forum more, and reach the next level. (Getting from Level 0 to Level 1 is pretty easy)

2 Likes

I expected as much. Still, including private messages toward the topic limit and topic creation restrictions seems unreasonable.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… The change is a lot. I was getting to master level on the old forum. I do like that the Like button will prevent the endless streams of +1’s. Off I go to play with it more!

8 Likes

Literally Discobot is the only user beyond Basic. Forum staff, even, are at Basic.

0 Likes

Does anyone know how to use quote boxes?

I’m sure the user ranking up will come with time.

0 Likes

Highlight the text of a post you want to quote. Then a Quote button will come up.

0 Likes

Oh! That’s kinda cool! It might also be a pain, but we’ll see with time.

0 Likes

Gosh, it’s been so long since Vex has changed anything. I’m so relieved now that Vex has changed something that requires more of my attention this season.

1 Like

It is a pain. But Discourse (as currently configured, at least) actively discourages quoting unless it’s really warranted, contrary to the old forum on which quoting messages when replying was the norm.

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, the same functionality was available on the old forum (selecting text in a post and clicking the quote button would quote only that text). I think @Barin’s right though, replies are probably easier to follow than just quoting whole posts

1 Like