Thoughts about the new forum?

I forgot to mention this, but I absolutely love the timeline on the right of the screen! It is muchhh better than the last one which was glitchy and horrible at loading, and I also love EMOJISSSSSS
:sunglasses::ok_hand::clap::fire::snowflake:
Only problem I see about the emojis, is uhhhh the middlefinger one which is not part of the ethos of this forum. Also, I do like the existence of the app which notifies me when I am mentioned, so i can respond as soon as possible, but I dislike that the app just forwards you to a web application when you tap this domain on the app.

1 Like

Fun fact, I’m actually active on a different forum (not robotics related) that also uses discourse. I’m really familiar with this format and like it alot.
The timeline on the right hand side of each thread will make navigation a lot easier than before.

0 Likes

If you’re on Android, the new Forum also supports Progressive Web Apps (I believe that’s what it is), where you add the webpage to the home screen and it behaves closer to an app than a web page. That’s pretty cool.

0 Likes

That big up arrow will hide it all

1 Like

I rate the new vex forum darkmode/10

1 Like

Markdown?! Hello! – you can just do real formatting with HTML now!

0 Likes

Huh. Honestly I prefer markdown, and I’m technically writing HTML (well, JSX but who’s counting) professionally

0 Likes

meme campaigns (DRow for GDC, etc.)
What do you mean “meme campaigns”???

0 Likes

I like the timeline. Before I had to type in /last at the end of the url because the newest post button would not work.

0 Likes

Oh, was everyone being serious about that? I mean, DRow knows the community, but I like him where he is now.

In case the question was more literal, I meant campaigns that weren’t meant to be serious, and/or have sarcastic intentions. Kind of like a Water Game campaign. I mean, who would actually want that? (If so, there are some legit underwater robotics leagues you should check out.)

0 Likes

Like SeaPerch for example.

0 Likes

You mean “INCORRECTLY.” “INCORRECT” is an adjective, and “INCORRECTLY” is the adverb form. Good grammar is important.

2 Likes

My be goodest at grammerering!

1 Like

Grammer is uv the upmost importance.

1 Like

DRow for GDC is a real campaign. Of course everyone likes where DRow is now, and he would stay there. The GDC is a part time, so he would maintain his position as marketing coordinator and administrator of the VEX Forums(in theory). Realistically this won’t happen because only a specific amount of spots on the GDC, and they probably wouldn’t pick DRow. But we can hope. Imagine all the knowlege DRow has gained reading all of the posts on the VEX Forums! He’s basically made for the GDC.

0 Likes

Okay, you got me.
ZnfXyZb

0 Likes

Can someone try to tag me? It was broken on the old forum, and I want to see if it works now. (You also get a badge for tagging someone, so that’s int here for you!)

0 Likes

@Got_a_Screw_Loose
Like that?

0 Likes

Yep. Thanks. It works now, I think.

0 Likes

Badges?

1 Like