Vision sensor. Inertial sensor

Hello to all of you.

I’m using the “Vex text” software and I was wondering If the vision sensor can be used to trigger a line of code when it sees a certain color.

And also, I’m having trouble with the inertial sensor. I don’t know how to code perfect turns with it, or when you plug it in, will it do it for you?

Any help, Inspiration, or motivation will be welcomed and appreciated.

Thank You. :slight_smile:

We are having trouble with the vision sensor too. All I know is don’t unplug it right before a irl competition, that’s just asking for trouble.

1 Like

Welcome to the VEXForum @ForsenCD !

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: The vision sensor is very finicky. I have found it very unreliable. Preferably, you would use an Optical Sensor if you were sensing color in a fairly close range. The Vision Sensor can accomplish these purposes though, and there are a lot of threads about it like this one. Use the search bar and you should be able to find some examples.

LOL, unfortunately the inertial sensor will not do perfect turns for you. Here are some previous threads that may be helpful or interesting. The overall synopsis is: use a PID loop with the Inertial Sensor values.

If you want to learn about PID, I will quote myself and say this should help. A lot.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. I just started coding a couple of months ago and this info will be really helpful.