What's the dumbest thing you've seen someone do in robotics?

I’m a very smart individual that’s done many smart things such as sharpening axels, and I will probably do many other smart things. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve seen someone do with a vex part or just in general in robotics?

2 Likes

Ice skaters spend many hours with their coaches learning to sharpen their axels! They probably work to improve their other jumps, too.

14 Likes

Vex axels sharpened to a point

Make a new thread and redundant thread without using the search bar:

7 Likes

sorry, I’m new to this

2 Likes

XD

well I would have to say spending 10+ minutes holding a very short C channel, by hand, on the edge of a wobbly table, trying to cut it with a hack saw

2 Likes

Our head coach told us we couldnt hang the green cubes on the high zone right before our torunament in Squared Away

2 Likes

My builder, who’s been doing robotics for four years now, had to take less than a centimeter off of a shaft. The shaft was on the robot, with about 3 inches between it and something else. He decided that bolt cutters were a better option than a file or a hacksaw.

Dialogue amongst my robotics team has also devolved to phrases such as the following.
“Where file go?”
“In top pully thingy.”
And
“Where this go?”
“On top of thing on top of pully thingy.”

4 Likes

I have seen someone point an air duster upside down on there hand to see what it feels like. Needless to Say there hand was very cold afterwards.

4 Likes

this is something that i did
once in robotics class i proposed the idea of custom-built jet thrusters to slap on the back of a claw bot to make it go faster, which in hind sight would have been both really cool and really impractical.
I was considered the idiot of the class

4 Likes