If your team is unable to attend worlds due to coronavirus/travel ban/school not allowing travel or anything else, please put your team number below. Best of luck to everyone who can attend!
I think this would be more effective as a google form. Just a recommendation.
Thank you for the suggestion that probably would be better
Also note, it is unclear what you are asking:
- Teams who qualified but can’t go due to a variety of reasons did not register
- Teams who qualified, registered, but were told they could not go
- Teams who did not qualify and are not going
- Teams who did not. qualify and were on the waitlist and did not get an invite
Pretty big set of possibilities…
It’s also over a month and a half (April 22nd, 7 weeks) until Worlds. Speculation on what travel restrictions may or may not be like that far out aren’t terribly useful.
We are in California and we are going to states in LA but we cant have any spectators or parents in the stands and they have to wait outside
Wow, that’s sad, you miss the cheers. OTOH, you get to learn if that Dadbot you’ve been talking about is dad only or if the roboteers can make it fly.
Post how the event went, I can save a ton of space in 2021 with only teams there.
Wow - I hadn’t heard about that. I know the Sacramento event got postponed, and the San Jose one moved to Dublin. Didn’t know the LA one was impacted as well.
yeah only 1 adult per team is allowed in the building.
The restrictions may be increased if things get much worse in LA by then too.
San Jose (Dublin) revised event page has the same restrictions in place.
Yep, had that email today, guess I get to stay home on Saturday as school coach needs to go.
seems like they’re setting up a place outside for adults to stay. not quite sure what this is accomplishing, doubt that reducing the spectators will really prevent spread. if anyone has it, a ton of people are going to get it, spectators or not. perhaps they’ll have some sort of livestream outside or something, who knows.
Yea, but it’s also supposed to be raining, just like last year, so probably not much fun to spend the day in a wet tent.
Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing you there. Good luck to 8888z!
They really didn’t expect to be there, it was a surprise, they scraped in off the skills list. Good luck to 99999V as well.
On a sort of related note, my FRC regionals was also just cancelled because of the virus. AZ has like only 2 cases. I’m officially designating this virus as
I have a team competing in Bakersfield on Saturday, so far there are no restrictions. I wonder if that will change.
If all goes well and our IQ elementary team qualifies, we’re still going to attend.
Their state comp was held just a day before the Covid-19 hit our state. Now whether that impacts our traveling abilities, we won’t know for a few more days. So there is a possibility that they won’t be able to attend.
Which is a downer, ‘cause they’re all super hyped.
All 1275 teams along with all 1320 teams have been banned by the county from traveling out of state on a field trip. Might still try to go without school support, but not sure if that will work out. But 3 of the 4 tournament finalists from Georgia have just been banned by our county.
a Connecticut coach points out the robots are property of the schools - so you would probably need the school’s permission to take their robots. Second consideration is if the team is registered by the school, the school has to register the team for Worlds. So even though parents might be tempted to register the team without the school’s approval, they would need account access to RobotEvents.com …
Right now I would sit and wait to see how things develop in the next two weeks. It is hard on all.