2019-2020 Vex game

Motor speed at 25%. Duh.

5 Likes

I think the official term for “driving” in a water game is “swimming”.

9 Likes

precisely

0 Likes

Paddle bot meta.|

6 Likes

Vex evolution at it’s finest.

0 Likes

Basically make the field really cluttered and try to get across it fastest without knocking anything over

1 Like

I would be very interested to see a game with more human interaction. Gosh, I missed the games where you can interact and place elements onto and around the robot.

5 Likes

Some sort of human interaction in autonomous might he really interesting, but might kind of defeat the point of auton.

Gateway was kinda cool, though.

2 Likes

I recall it very well, As we did that to our driver to.

0 Likes

A water game wouldn’t make sense would it? They would have to make a lot of new pieces.

0 Likes

The last half of this thread is just memes at this point. Let it die.

0 Likes

Petition to lock thread?

3 Likes

They could make a game to emphasize auton and make it longer.

1 Like

Or, instead of locking the thread, we could get it back on track with speculation.

Vex has stayed very away form themes in the past, so we can rule out a conceptual theme, such as space, earth, fire, etc.

2 Likes

Good idea, lets talk about next years game.

1 Like

Here’s a water game the GDC could maybe actually do.

Water Game

The field is lined on 2 sides (facing Alliance stations) with pockets each capable of holding 2 small objects and one large object. These game objects are distributed proportionally throughout the field. An auton line is in effect separating the four robots from opposing alliances. They all line up facing the same direction.

The large game objects are 6" foam balls. The small ones are 2" football-shaped objects. (Measured tip to tip)
Call the large object oxygen and the smaller ones hydrogen. (Water game. You’re welcome, Internet.)
Edit: possession limit is H2O.

The goal is to sort the objects into the pockets in groups of 3. Only when grouped together correctly do they count. 5 points for each group.

BUT, descoring is allowed, thusly keeping the game interesting.

3 Likes

Love it, back to the water molecule.

1 Like

Okay so I’m going to be that person and look back to older games.

So doing this you may notice a pattern
SR-a stacking game
NBN- a shooting game
SS- a throwing game
ITZ- a stacking game
TP- a shooting game (yes it does have stacking but is not the main focus of the game really)

and finally with this pattern you might want to assume the next game is to be one where you throw or chuck objects. This along with the new integration of V5 makes a compelling argument to believe that the next game may be one with some sort of heavy lifting, or throwing game.

7 Likes

I don’t really want a heavy game, because that just makes it harder to set up. It would be really awesome if the field wasn’t hard to set up, for game structures and pieces.

3 Likes

Is there a possession limit?

0 Likes