Changes to vex?

I agree with this as there has been a flood of those. Maybe they get one post and admins can mark it as helpful or not. And maybe they then wait a week or two based on the rating. You should also be made to search for the topic first.

Or just require topics from new users to be approved by mods (or TL4s :wink:) before they’re publicly visible.

No idea if that’s possible in discourse but I think it’d’ve dealt with a lot of the duplicate/spam threads over the last few weeks.

I might stay for another year of high school to continue vex. I was gonna go to worlds, and I intend to try again. The person I replied to doesn’t like that for some reason

Are you a senior this year?

Yeah, I am. But we are allowed to do another year of high school if we want. If I don’t, I’m going into vexu

why would you give up a year just for vex?

I know that I’m probably going to take a break year between high school and college. If I had the option, I’d much rather spend that year working on vex than staying at home.

If you’re staying in high school just to have one more year of experience in VEX Robotics, you need to rethink your priorities.

Anyways, I’d like to see Strength Points get replaced with Skills Score instead for the second tiebreaker in rankings, and I’d like that to be displayed in the Rankings screen of TM. That would be a nice piece of information to see on one screen/sheet of paper at a tournament for scouting purposes.

While that would be cool, I think we need to revisit the rankings system entirely. At the moment, its broken; very bad teams can be carried to the top of the leaderboard. Its not perfect, but CCWM seems to be a much better indicator of performance than record.

the problem with ccwm is it doesnt work for all games. For example ccwm wouldn’t have been a good option this year because the score in a match depends on what your strategy to win is. a team that decides to hoard cubes instead of doing towers wouldn’t have a very high match score but could still be very good. That being said if next year is a game like nbn or Itz ccwm would be a good way to rank teams.

Maybe losing privileges if too many posts get flagged for being repeats

I’m just saying, if you, like, somehow made the motors bluetooth accessible. It would require recharging, but I don’t see how they would weigh that much more. It would be a bit of extra weight, but I think it would be doable.

Please tell me you’re joking. I mean, I completely understand, but I think they could have it rolling out in 4 to 5.

I think this isn’t practical. What if I just joined, and I need a question answered? This would pose an issue to many people.

Then you would need to contribute to others before others helped you.

As a fun project, work out what size and weight of battery each motor would need based on V5 specs.

One of the issues is that not all motors on a robot draw the same current over the course of a match. This is balanced by the fact that they all draw from the same battery.
In a system where all motors have the same battery, an intake than might draw very little over the course of a match compared with a drive motor would still have the same size battery.

Why? We just got V5 and you’re already asking for something new? Also if almost certainly wouldn’t be called V6.

There was the

  1. PIC v0.5 Microcontroller
  2. ARM Cortex Microcontroller
  3. Weird FRC Cortex thing
  4. IQ Brain
  5. V5 Brain

V5 is the 5th microcontroller VEX has released. It will be a long time before the sixth.

Part of what I tell my employees and others that I manage “Don’t come with problems, come with problems and solutions.” I have a problem, I posted a solution.

So what would be your plan?

Foster, while I too am bugged by the constant pointless and redundant topics, and I think that much can be done to solve that, I also think that you’re being a way too harsh on a newcomer. People are (rightfully) upset, and have a right to speak their minds, just they don’t quite know how to do it in accordance with Forum policies. I would much have not seen @JustALonelyAstronaut’s recent topics, due to their redundancy and pointlessness, but I think you’re being way too harsh. If Max decides to post another thread of the same style, my mind might change, but they’ve been warned about not doing that, and they haven’t since. Please chill with the constant criticism when it’s not important.

Yeah, no. The lineage isn’t that simple, and V5 most definitely isn’t “the 5th microcontroller VEX has released”.