Back in March, we previewed VEXcode V5 Text, a new programming software created in collaboration with Robomatter that gave users advanced features in a text-only programming environment. Today, we’re happy to preview another new program, this time for our IQ users.
VEXcode IQ Blocks
VEXcode IQ Blocks is a graphical drag & drop programming environment powered by Scratch Blocks. We added 100+ VEX specific blocks to make programming a VEX IQ robot easier than ever before. This allows students to experiment and explore programming without the complexities of compiler errors or a text-based language.
- Built-in video tutorials with quick access so users can easily follow along while building out their program
- Includes over 40 pre-built example programs that users can quickly learn how to use blocks and explore their robot’s potential.
- Easy access to our STEM Labs channel, which provides free programming lessons for VEXcode IQ Blocks: education.vex.com
- VEX Online Help has information and support to get you started: help.vex.com
VEXcode IQ Blocks is supported on Chromebooks*, Windows, and Macs. iOS and Android support is launching in Fall 2019. New coding features, including the Drivetrain Blocks, allow new and experienced users to make robot movement easy. The new Devices Window also allows users to configure their robot faster than ever before!
Students can get their robot up and running with as little as one block. More experienced users can create fully autonomous competition robot programs. All features of every VEX IQ sensor is available to make your robot do more than ever before.
Download the preview and give us feedback. Expect a 1.0 release in August 2019.
- FREE for everyone
- Chromebooks*, Windows and Mac compatible
- Competition Legal
- Graphical drag & drop programming
- Powered by Scratch Blocks
- Video tutorials
- Example programs
- Starter templates
- Robot configuration
- Block help
- Projects are saved locally
- Projects auto-save
- Download, Run and Stop functions
Multi-lingual Support (in the 1.0 release)
- Interface and blocks language support
*Chromebooks must be online to compile.