Where will worlds move to?

If 5 day of hotels, food and rentals were free. I’d love to travel :man_shrugging:t2: Or if worlds wasn’t during Colleges Dead/Finals weeks that would make other places more appealing.

1 Like

I kinda want worlds to move to another country

0 Likes

The biggest reason, in my opinion (and mentioned at least once at an EP Summit), is that of the approximately 20,000 world wide teams that compete in VEX Robotics, approximately 70- 80% of all of the teams are in the US. That ratio is approximately equal at Worlds as well. So given approximately 1400 teams at Worlds, you are asking 980 to 1120 teams from one country to travel over internationally. Compare that to the number of teams from any other individual country that has to travel to the US. Not to mention the costs that RECF would have to incur to move all of the equipment and staff as well as any other headaches that they might have to face in moving the operation to a different country. I agree that going to another country for Worlds is a wonderful idea, but realistically and logistically, it doesn’t make sense.

13 Likes

makes sense, just a thought lol

0 Likes

The hotels in Vegas are really expensive, making worlds even more expensive for teams on a budget.

0 Likes

i mean I’ve heard and seen that some hotels in vegas can get pretty cheap, but besides the fact, las vegas probably isn’t a good place for a bunch of minors to go to

5 Likes

Just go east, there is NO water here

0 Likes

Hello I am from Indiana.

I would not be happy to see the World Championship in Indy.

It’s hard to get kids excited to compete in Louisville, if it all moved to Indianapolis it would get a lot worse. At least for me as a student it was exciting to get the opportunity to compete somewhere else in the country and our backyard while affordable would not be ideal for that.

Not to mention Lucas Oil stadium has been ridiculously static-y both years and that would need to be addressed before they host worlds.

2 Likes

I would love to see it in Chattanooga TN, theirs not really an ideal place to have it but it’s a short drive for me so why not

0 Likes

Why not something on the east coast, like philly or Boston

I’m a native of Philadelphia. HitchBot was was vandalized in Philadelphia after safely travelling several countries. Just saying. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing it in Nashville, TN. Great place, a little bigger than Louisville, lots of stuff to do. Cincinnati, OH wouldn’t be a bad place either if they have a place that could hold it.

It will probably be a Texas city that gets it though, Dallas, Austin, or Houston.

0 Likes

I mean I like Kentucky… but I get really bad allergies there. The pollen count is huge and it kinda sucks for people with bad allergies. I came home sick last year just from pure allergies.

4 Likes

I live there, and allergies STINK. I’m on three allergy medicines and none of them work. You aren’t alone.

2 Likes

So now that world’s is split across the weekend, it opens up venues a little more, but you still need a convention center probably with around the same amount of space as Louisville, maybe a little less.

Something to easily hold 830-850 teams across one weekend.

And maybe they slightly round out the numbers to 600, 200, 200 for VRC and like 450 each for IQ.

0 Likes

Worlds will probably not move out of the US because VEX is based in the US and it would be a logistical nightmare for them to move everything to host worlds in another country.

4 Likes

True, but it’d be interesting to host worlds in a foreign country, like China or in Singapore.

If it HAD to stay in the US, I’d vote Washington DC. It is such a beautiful city, with the one downside being it’s HUMID.

2 Likes

It’s virtually impossible to get around in D.C., especially since you can’t exactly ride around on the metro system with large robots and other equipment. So that’s an absolute no-go.

3 Likes

:frowning_face:

Welp.

0 Likes

I hope they consider Las Vegas. If not worlds maybe a signature event?

2 Likes

I’m betting on Texas. Maybe Austin or Houston? It’s close to VEX HQ, will require fewer connecting flights for West Coast and Pacific teams (a fairly large contingent at worlds, about 15%-20%, depending on how you count it), and there are plenty of large convention centers around that area

2 Likes