Worlds 2019: Math Division Pre-Scouting

worlds-2019

Years ago when I was a student i started a thread where all the teams in my worlds division could post their reveals to help with pre-competition scouting. I figured now that I’m back to mentoring I would do the same!

MATH DIVISION - POST YOUR REVEALS BELOW along with any info about your robot and it’s composition you’d like to share!

Other divisions, feel free to create similar thread as!

6 Likes

Worlds 2019: Technology Division Pre-Scouting

Our reveal isn’t out yet, but I’ll put the reveal here once we get it done. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Great idea. I’m having a hard time even finding the division we’ve been assigned to. Would you mind sharing where you found it. Thank you!

0 Likes

Your division can be found under the division lists Here. It’s under the Worlds page of RobotEvents.com

0 Likes

Math here we come! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

bump!!!

20characters

0 Likes

Is the platform hook you did legal in a tournament?

0 Likes

It is permissible to pull robots off the center platform - and the hook is also a de-scorer mechanism. Nice to see two functions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. In NJ teams are pushed and pulled from the platform all the time.

34%20PM

0 Likes

I was once warmed because I started pulling from the platform at a local event. I knew it was a grey area, so I stopped. (I would’ve lost the match anyway, so it wasn’t too bad)
Afterwards, I looked it up, and with help from Connor, we determined it was legal to do so. I can try to go look up the conversation, if you like.
Edit: here it is.

Now can we get back on topic? (Don’t want to sound harsh, but this thread is about something totally different.

0 Likes

Sorry to put this back off topic but… At Ohio states they ruled that pulling is a form of entanglement and therefor is not legal. A team was DQed in eliminations for this strategy. Any further discussion on this topic should go to the post @Got_a_Screw_Loose mentioned.

Edit: to clarify I mean pulling is illegal whereas pushing is legal.

0 Likes

Nonono. A new thread would be best. I didn’t know if that ruling at Ohio State.

0 Likes

This happened in R16 2-1

0 Likes

12E Reveal

1 Like

We are in math!

0 Likes

We are in math as well

0 Likes

Here’s our video! Can’t wait to see y’all at Worlds!

97934W Reveal Video

:grin:

1 Like

Here is our reveal video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA6-5exq8x8
our specs are listed in our video.

0 Likes